Monday 21 May 2012

Day #21: Healers with heart

I had just turned 23 years old when met Cathy, a psychologist who later became a great mentor and friend. I had nearly given up hope and for our first few sessions I would huddle into her counselling room hiding behind my sunglasses. I had had some rather awful experiences with mental health professionals up until that point however she was the first person I  met who really understood eating disorders like I did and better yet had the tools to help me eradicate it from both myself and my life. On our last session she gave me this card which I cherish...
                           
From the moment I began working with Cath my life changed for the better (she changed my life!!!). She was a genuine and selfless person who put her heart and soul into helping her clients and I am so grateful that I was lucky enough to be one of them. I cannot imagine where I would be now if I hadn’t met Cath and now that sick and lost girl who hid behind her sunglasses seems so far away...  :)

1 comment: