Tuesday 16 September 2014

Interrupt Anxiety with Gratitude

Anxiety. It can present itself every now and again.
 
I seem to express and manage with this the ‘modern way’ buy changing my photographs on social media in a panicked state.
I remember this feeling of anxiety and I try to reassure myself that I am NOT back there again (sick) but am not always entirely convinced of this in the moment that it occurs.
 
So I lose myself to dread and terror! Oh the dread! Oh the terror!
 
I have noticed a pattern whereby every few months I have a day or two of the same alarming emotions.  Where I can go from feeling wonderfully confident and optimistic to soul-crushing self-doubt in just a few minutes flat.
But once the cloud lifts (usually the next day after I have had some sleep and hopefully stayed off social media) I feel stronger than before. I feel anew, almost like my anxiety is one of the last elements of my illness leaving me once and for all.
And this is a good and most welcome thing.

1 comment:

  1. I do know that anxiety really is a difficult issue, but I am so glad to hear that you know that you can manage it and stay strong. That is why inspires me the most. And it also makes me so proud.

    Anyway, if you need a friend or someone to talk you, here I am.
    I am sorry that I have missed some of your posts, but now I am here trying to catch up. :)

    Love you! ♥ xo

    ReplyDelete