Friday 31 August 2012

Think recovery is impossible? Read this..

 
I used to read many books of ED survivors and really wonder how they got there - that impossible place.
 
I was in awe of these people as to be free of that horrible disease seemed so far from my reach.
 
And today my story is in a book written by Julie Parker ( a woman I admire so much) - having done just that. I've made it, just like all the other people describing their own unique recovery journey in her beautiful and inspiring book.
 
It's an epic moment of achievement for me personally to be in the position where I am able to reflect on my experience as a whole instead of being predominately in it still.  The puzzle I struggled to understand and piece together for years is now firmly put together.  No more confusion only healing. 
 
The ending I've always sought and fought for is where I find myself currently. I  finally feel  that my experience was not in vain/invisible and that it could  possibly help a person -  maybe, I hope.
 
So free and grateful today

4 comments:

  1. It is such an amazing place.
    One you wonder how you ever were ill and why you stayed there.
    I am so proud of you and this disease can be beaten and stay beaten.
    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed it is my dear friend.
      Love you too Rache xo

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that you're already there.
    And since recovery is a lifetime process, never stop fighting.
    Never.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you sweetheart and yes you are right it can be a long journey. I wish you all the best on your own path xo

      Delete