Tuesday 8 May 2012

Day#9 Viva la difference

My first name, 'Kylie-Rose' was once looked upon by others as odd, a little far off the norm. I therefore took the 'Rose' off  my name on class rolls at school and  became only Kylie, a simple name, just like everyone else.

As I grew older I  came to really love the Rose simply because there is nobody else named Kylie-Rose in the world (I googled/ facebooked my name) and thus reclaimed it.

Be a fruit loop, not a cheerio...

There is no one in the history of the world just like you. All the parts that make you who you are are yours and yours alone. Everyone has something special about them and you just have to find  and hold onto what sets you apart from everyone else,  
cultivate these characteristics and most of all be proud of  your individuality.  

People tend to criticize differences in people because they fear the unknown. However, it takes more courage to be an individual than it does to follow the crowd. I admire people who are not afraid to be different and unique. They are the most interesting people of all.

1 comment: