Thursday 17 May 2012

Day # 16: Fat is NOT a feeling…

'Fat' is not technically an emotional state. Funnily enough I have done a pretty good impression of it being so in the past.  Feeling 'fat'  is intricately tied to ones  personal self-worth and self-esteem and can often be used as an umbrella term for other complex emotions that are tied to the underlying issues behind an eating disorder.

During my own experience I  had shut down that much and far removed myself from the 'real' problem that that I didn't even consciously recognise what was underneath my 'I feel fat' anymore.  It wasn't until later in my recovery that I began to rather abruptly  re-connect with my true emotions.

'Fat' is far too a generalisation and it is SO important to look at what lies beneath this word to face and heal what you are really, truthfully and honestly feeling. I don't think it's too forward of me to say that recovery depends upon it. ♥

1 comment:

  1. recovery DOES depend on it, and I think that is one of the hardest things in recovery because we think we can recovery but not have to "feel our feelings" or the emotions that we use "fat" to hide behind. But we HAVE to to find that peace and recovery.

    Beautiful post and very insightful ; )

    ReplyDelete