Wednesday 2 May 2012

Day #1: I write about eating disorders because...

It is incredibly therapeutic. This little place here is where I can put all my thoughts and then return to my everyday life more grounded. Writing, be in in journals or blogging helps me to release what I keep inside of me and ultimately sets me free. Eating disorders are traumatic and recovery takes a great deal of hard work, but shame and hiding away with the illness is what nearly killed me more than the power of the disease itself.  Things always get better when you use your voice and speak with courage and honesty.  I always think in new ways and learn the most from people who are also in recovery, so I write to keep in touch with them and feel very blessed to know and feel that I am not alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment