Saturday 4 October 2014

Sunday Fangirling

Something that has always been authentically me is my admiration of Mariah Carey and her amazing voice. Music Box was the first album I listened to when I was around 9 years old and I remember sitting on my bed in astonishment at the notes she could reach and from there my love of her music grew and grew.  I remember carrying her Number 1 Hits cassette in my ‘Walkman’ and listening to it at high school – dreaming of another place.  I was not a really sick girl being bullied – I was with Mariah in a field of daisies singing ‘Dreamlover’. Hehe! Music is invaluable in this way – it can soothe and save you in the most unexpected ways and I am so thankful.
 
Anyway, I do have a point I was getting to... The Elusive Chanteuse Show Tour kicked off in Japan the other night and the set list is a DREAM COME TRUE! ALL THE HITS Y’ALL! Not to mention a gold butterfly microphone stand! Drools on keyboard - just look at this thing...
 
It has been a long time but I really feel my life changing to a much better place. Where all the things I wanted to be doing when I was really ill are now just starting to transpire – it is so wonderfully beautiful, indescribable  really. 
#Blessed #Recovery
 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know until recently that when a caterpillar goes into its cocoon, it doesn't just turn into a butterfly from there. It dissolves into a goo first, becomes completely liquid, and then forms from that liquid a whole new creature entirely. I think this is such a perfect metaphor for life in general, and definitely life in recovery - you have to devolve first before you can become who you're meant to be. And you, lady, are unfurling those wings so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete