Saturday 26 July 2014

 
I become a little reflective around birthdays and always seem to find myself on this blog of mine. This year is no exception to the rule:
I feel worlds away from where I once was and I more myself than I have in years.
It’s an incredible feeling to be in the place I am currently, and admittedly a little daunting, but mostly, the word emancipation comes to mind.
 
Emancipation-
 
1. The act of freeing or state of being freed; liberation
2. Freedom from inhibition and convention
 
My eating disorder has been a terrifying struggle, but now what was once my greatest breakdown and despair is now my most profound source of strength and pride because I ultimately won the battle.  I am one strong little cookie – there is no doubt about this.  This strength now serves me in my present life and will do so  well into the future.
The next chapter of my life is here and I have my bags pack, new shoes on and a flower in my hair.
So very blessed! #31

4 comments:

  1. A very Happy Birthday to you!! :)

    "My eating disorder has been a terrifying struggle, but now what was once my greatest breakdown and despair is now my most profound source of strength and pride because I ultimately won the battle."

    It is so great to read those words. You really have come very far!

    *hugs*
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you lovely,
      This means a great deal to me.
      Hugs back xo

      Delete
  2. Thank-you my dear friend.
    Much love to you xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Ky!!! :)

    I literally have no words to explain how happy I feel to read this. I am SO proud of you!
    I love your strength and optimism. That inspires me everyday.

    (((bear hugs)))

    I love you! :) ♥ xo

    ReplyDelete