Sunday 16 February 2014

Looking beautiful and feeling beautiful are two entirely different things.
 
You see you can wear the prettiest of dresses and shoes
and have the most ravishing hair and make-up
 
which bring a million compliments from kind-hearted people that do temporarily help.
 
"Ky, you are so beautiful. I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it."
 
Thank-you so much for saying so.
 
 I take these words from others and hold onto them like my life depends on it
 - because at times it seems it does.
 
But in the end I am left with that feeling,
 
of not feeling beautiful.
 
And fixing the reasons behind why I don't seems impossible.
 
And working on this is recovery.
 
And at times slight relapse.
 
But most of all recovery.
 
Recovery.
 

1 comment:

  1. From the bottom of my heart, I wish you could see what I see.
    What I can tell you is that you ARE gorgeous, but you cannot see it. So I will keep telling you that you are important, true, deserving, loving, intelligent, worthy, compassionate, beautiful, inspiring, brave, strong, and able until you finally realise it for yourself.

    Please know that there is someone here who relates a lot to these thoughts, so if you feel lonely or just want to talk, please let me know. Here I am.

    Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete