Friday 24 May 2013

Where Has This Book Been All My Life?

 
 
I have quite read anything as powerful as this in book a long time.  And I read all the time. I am always searching for new information and new ways of thinking about things. I find most of my inspiration and freedom in words like many other people I am sure. 
 
I have felt powerless and trapped in my own thinking patterns for sometime.  My re-occurring thoughts and memories (and consequent emotional upheaval ) from and about my past (eating disorder and bullying) would invade my present days on a very automatic and subconscious level.  To be honest, this dynamic of my mind has scared the hell out of me simply because of how time-consuming it has been and of how helpless I have felt in changing it.
 
Lately, I have been reading Eckhart Tolle's amazing book the wisdom it contains has hit me on my ass in an incredibly magnificent way. It has taught me how to disengage from the thoughts that serve no purpose for me anymore and to regain my precious brain space.
 
Most crucially, The Power Of Now has shown me how to not relate such thoughts to my overall identity as a person.  Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant!



1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am so glad to know that you have found inspiration and freedom in those words to go on in spite of what you had to go through.

    You are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete