Saturday 13 April 2013

Pain is a funny emotion.
 
You can be living your life and be having many positive things going on and then all of a sudden it can hit you like a ton of bricks with no warning.
I was under the impression that my own personal emotional pain relating to my eating disorder is something that I have overcome and am done with and in many aspects I think I have.
For example, I have so many good days in comparison to the very few I used to have. I've grown so strong and I have come so far.
Yet sometimes the pain I feel about the experiences I had in the past  (heartbreak, betrayal, bullying etc) can creep up and remind me that perhaps I am not fully healed, not just yet that is.
I don’t believe this is a bad thing anymore and I think it is just me still processing everything and fighting my way through.
Continuing to overcome crap is my current status. Thank-you for allowing me to share this current dilemma Blogger.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to those feelings as well, my dear friend. But as you have just said, you are STRONG and you have come so far. Just try to remind yourself that you are not in the past anymore. Those things cannot hurt you again. Yes, I know it is hard because I struggle with it every single day. And I am still trying to let go of things that happened almost ten years ago. But I believe in you and I know you can do this.

    I am not sure of what I can do to help you. All that I love you loads and it breaks my heart to see that you are suffering. I wish I could take your pain away and add it to mine <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that I know*

    ReplyDelete